The in-development successor to Xenoblade Chronicles is coming in 2014, Nintendo announced during its E3 Nintendo Direct today.
The game was announced earlier this year and is in development with Monolith Soft. The project is being headed by studio lead Tetsuya Takahashi.
"The goal is to create a large-scale open world that players can explore seamlessly," Iwata said. "The team is using their experience from creating Xenoblade to make this goal a reality."
Footage for the game showed giant mechs, that Iwata said players will drive at certain points in the game. These mechs can fly and be taken into battle against enemies.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign