The in-development successor to Xenoblade Chronicles is coming in 2014, Nintendo announced during its E3 Nintendo Direct today.
The game was announced earlier this year and is in development with Monolith Soft. The project is being headed by studio lead Tetsuya Takahashi.
"The goal is to create a large-scale open world that players can explore seamlessly," Iwata said. "The team is using their experience from creating Xenoblade to make this goal a reality."
Footage for the game showed giant mechs, that Iwata said players will drive at certain points in the game. These mechs can fly and be taken into battle against enemies.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake