The in-development successor to Xenoblade Chronicles is coming in 2014, Nintendo announced during its E3 Nintendo Direct today.
The game was announced earlier this year and is in development with Monolith Soft. The project is being headed by studio lead Tetsuya Takahashi.
"The goal is to create a large-scale open world that players can explore seamlessly," Iwata said. "The team is using their experience from creating Xenoblade to make this goal a reality."
Footage for the game showed giant mechs, that Iwata said players will drive at certain points in the game. These mechs can fly and be taken into battle against enemies.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)