The in-development successor to Xenoblade Chronicles is coming in 2014, Nintendo announced during its E3 Nintendo Direct today.
The game was announced earlier this year and is in development with Monolith Soft. The project is being headed by studio lead Tetsuya Takahashi.
"The goal is to create a large-scale open world that players can explore seamlessly," Iwata said. "The team is using their experience from creating Xenoblade to make this goal a reality."
Footage for the game showed giant mechs, that Iwata said players will drive at certain points in the game. These mechs can fly and be taken into battle against enemies.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- How's this PC for next gen?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall