Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn will launch in 2014 on the PlayStation 4 and will allow players to transfer data from the PlayStation 3, producer Naoki Yoshida said today during a Q&A session.
"While waiting for PS4 there is no reason not to start your adventure on the PS3," Yoshida said.
The producer added that Final Fantasy 14 contains the "heart and soul" of the long-running series.
"Not only are we convinced with the quaity of windows PC version, but believe we truly have something special with PS3 version as well," Yoshida said.
Sony announced yesterday that Final Fantasy 14 will launch Aug. 27 fo PlayStation 3 and PC. The game is an revamped version of Final Fantasy 14, which first launched in 2010.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Titanfall's Expedition DLC offers a 'parkour playground' with the 'War Games' map