Final Fantasy 15 will launch worldwide on Xbox One as well as on PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during a presentation on the Final Fantasy franchise.
Final Fantasy 15 is the rebranding of Final Fantasy Versus 13, which was announced at E3 2006.
"It was a huge amount of joy that we were finally able to announce Final Fantasy 15," said producer Shinji Hashimoto.
When asked why the company decided to publish for the Xbox One, he added that in order to reach the most fans, Square Enix has to flexible regarding which platforms their games will launch on.
Final Fantasy 15 is being developed with DirectX 11, which Hashimoto said made it possible to port the title to different hardware. This has made it possible for the company to launch the game on Xbox One as well, he said.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- A game inspired by psone graphics
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Destiny Beta