Kingdom Hearts 3 will launch worldwide on Xbox One as well as on PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during a presentation.
John Pleasants, CEO and co-founder of Disney Interactive, took to the stage to say the game would be "the most action-packed" Kingdom Hearts game yet. The game will feature a mature Sora on new adventures with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. He will travel to all-new Disney-themed worlds previously unseen in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.
The announcement was made during a presentation today held to share new information on the Final Fantasy franchise, of which the Kingdom Hearts series is considered a part. The series has been developed as a collaboration with Disney Interactive.
Producer Shinji Hashimoto revealed the game is currently in development with the team behind PlayStation Portable title Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and upcoming compilation Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix. He added that in order to reach the most fans, Square Enix has to flexible regarding which platforms their games will launch on.
Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced as being in development last night during Sony's E3 press conference. The game is also slated to hit PS4.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)