Kingdom Hearts 3 will launch worldwide on Xbox One as well as on PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during a presentation.
John Pleasants, CEO and co-founder of Disney Interactive, took to the stage to say the game would be "the most action-packed" Kingdom Hearts game yet. The game will feature a mature Sora on new adventures with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. He will travel to all-new Disney-themed worlds previously unseen in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.
The announcement was made during a presentation today held to share new information on the Final Fantasy franchise, of which the Kingdom Hearts series is considered a part. The series has been developed as a collaboration with Disney Interactive.
Producer Shinji Hashimoto revealed the game is currently in development with the team behind PlayStation Portable title Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and upcoming compilation Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix. He added that in order to reach the most fans, Square Enix has to flexible regarding which platforms their games will launch on.
Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced as being in development last night during Sony's E3 press conference. The game is also slated to hit PS4.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?