Kingdom Hearts 3 will launch worldwide on Xbox One as well as on PlayStation 4, Square Enix announced today during a presentation.
John Pleasants, CEO and co-founder of Disney Interactive, took to the stage to say the game would be "the most action-packed" Kingdom Hearts game yet. The game will feature a mature Sora on new adventures with Mickey, Donald and Goofy. He will travel to all-new Disney-themed worlds previously unseen in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.
The announcement was made during a presentation today held to share new information on the Final Fantasy franchise, of which the Kingdom Hearts series is considered a part. The series has been developed as a collaboration with Disney Interactive.
Producer Shinji Hashimoto revealed the game is currently in development with the team behind PlayStation Portable title Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and upcoming compilation Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix. He added that in order to reach the most fans, Square Enix has to flexible regarding which platforms their games will launch on.
Kingdom Hearts 3 was announced as being in development last night during Sony's E3 press conference. The game is also slated to hit PS4.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27