A new video released by Sony this week reveals some of the user interface and social functionality on the PlayStation 4 — namely online shopping, text communication and video sharing.
The video, posted above, shows three friends playing Knack and Killzone: Shadow Fall, and communicating with one another using the console's chat features. One of the three sees the other two playing Shadow Fall, asks how it is, and begins downloading it from her mobile phone onto her PS4. It also showcases the splash game each game will have in the console's main menu, which includes options for video sharing and a "Like" button reminiscent of that of Facebook's.
Check out the video above for the full UI demonstration.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.