A new video released by Sony this week reveals some of the user interface and social functionality on the PlayStation 4 — namely online shopping, text communication and video sharing.
The video, posted above, shows three friends playing Knack and Killzone: Shadow Fall, and communicating with one another using the console's chat features. One of the three sees the other two playing Shadow Fall, asks how it is, and begins downloading it from her mobile phone onto her PS4. It also showcases the splash game each game will have in the console's main menu, which includes options for video sharing and a "Like" button reminiscent of that of Facebook's.
Check out the video above for the full UI demonstration.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?