Reggie Fils-Aime said the best way for companies to deal with the used games market is to ensure their games are good so gamers won't trade them in. Shuhei Yoshida said the PlayStation Plus subscription requirement is up to publishers for free-to-play games on PlayStation 4. Achievements on the Xbox One will be broken into two categories: traditional Achievements and special Challenges. Microsoft said the popularity of multiplayer is why the company thinks the Xbox One's connectivity requirement won't be an issue. Several new games were announced as being in development at E3, and we've got a spread of features detailing the show floor's offerings.
- Nintendo: If devs are worried about used game sales, they should make better games
- Publishers decide whether to require PS Plus subscription for F2P games on PS4
- Multiplayer's popularity is one reason Microsoft thinks always online is OK
- Xbox One's new Achievements system explained, time-based Challenges don't reward Gamerscore
- Two new Double Fine games in development with IndieFund support
- Fez 2 in development at Polytron
- Former Journey and Katamari Damacy devs working on a new project
- Titanfall: Respawn's 'second skin'
- Bungie unveils its Destiny
- Super Mario 3D World: keeping Mario weird
- Quantum Break brings binge viewing to video games
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Highergrounds Game
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?