Crimson Dragon developer Grounding Inc. is working on an unannounced title for Nintendo, the game's director Yukio Futatsugi told Joystiq.
Futatsugi declined to provide more details on the title or what platform it is in development for.
Grounding Inc. is one of Nintendo's Japan-based third-party developers. The company released Sakurai Samurai: Art of the Sword via the Nintendo 3DS eShop last year. In 2009, the company created two boardgame-style party titles in the PictureBook Games series: Pop-Up Pursuit for WiiWare and The Royal Bluff as DSiWare.
Crimson Dragon was announced for release on Xbox One during Microsoft's E3 press conference earlier this week. The game will feature both synchronous and asynchronous multiplayer modes, as well as on-rails and free-flight modes.
Check out Polygon's interview with Futatsugi here.
Update: A representative for Grounding contacted Polygon to correct the above information. Grounding Inc. is working on an unannounced title, but it is not being developed specifically for Nintendo.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'