The main character, Harkyn, is being described as the single character capable of ending a battle believers of a fallen god and those who abandoned him.
"Harkyn is not your ordinary hero. Our team is committed to creating a distinct character and a gameplay experience unique to every player, as well as a deep, secretive history that players will be rewarded for upon discovering," said executive producer Tomasz Gop, known best for his work on The Witcher franchise.
Users can take on the role of a cleric, rogue or warrior class; however, they can later switch between classes after adopting new class-specific armor. Classes each have special moves they can unleash based on action points.
According to Gop, players will be encouraged to die throughout their playthrough. "Death is how you learn in the game," he said, "you are not punished for it."
Lords of the Fallen is slated to launch in 2014 for Windows PC and next generation consoles.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song