Erotic game Sinful Robot was announced as an upcoming title for Oculus Rift last year; however, after investment for the title disappeared, developer Jeroen Van den Bosch is announcing its release under the name Wicked Paradise.
Bosch is hoping to fill a niche within erotic games by introducing a "well designed" title to the mix, which will feature an overall narrative influenced in part by the character-driven nature of the Mass Effect series.
"The non-explicit sex scenes in Mass Effect are much more erotic than current available explicit adult video games," he explained to Road to VR. "This is because you care about the characters in Mass Effect. A player will never feel very attracted to a virtual character if he or she doesn't care."
The title will be delivered episodically, and while the initial installments will be offered from a male point of view, later installments will feature a female protagonist as well as LGBT themes.
Wicked Paradise is slated to release alongside the Oculus Rift's consumer model in 2014.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27