Erotic game Sinful Robot was announced as an upcoming title for Oculus Rift last year; however, after investment for the title disappeared, developer Jeroen Van den Bosch is announcing its release under the name Wicked Paradise.
Bosch is hoping to fill a niche within erotic games by introducing a "well designed" title to the mix, which will feature an overall narrative influenced in part by the character-driven nature of the Mass Effect series.
"The non-explicit sex scenes in Mass Effect are much more erotic than current available explicit adult video games," he explained to Road to VR. "This is because you care about the characters in Mass Effect. A player will never feel very attracted to a virtual character if he or she doesn't care."
The title will be delivered episodically, and while the initial installments will be offered from a male point of view, later installments will feature a female protagonist as well as LGBT themes.
Wicked Paradise is slated to release alongside the Oculus Rift's consumer model in 2014.
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?