Erotic game Sinful Robot was announced as an upcoming title for Oculus Rift last year; however, after investment for the title disappeared, developer Jeroen Van den Bosch is announcing its release under the name Wicked Paradise.
Bosch is hoping to fill a niche within erotic games by introducing a "well designed" title to the mix, which will feature an overall narrative influenced in part by the character-driven nature of the Mass Effect series.
"The non-explicit sex scenes in Mass Effect are much more erotic than current available explicit adult video games," he explained to Road to VR. "This is because you care about the characters in Mass Effect. A player will never feel very attracted to a virtual character if he or she doesn't care."
The title will be delivered episodically, and while the initial installments will be offered from a male point of view, later installments will feature a female protagonist as well as LGBT themes.
Wicked Paradise is slated to release alongside the Oculus Rift's consumer model in 2014.
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?