Erotic game Sinful Robot was announced as an upcoming title for Oculus Rift last year; however, after investment for the title disappeared, developer Jeroen Van den Bosch is announcing its release under the name Wicked Paradise.
Bosch is hoping to fill a niche within erotic games by introducing a "well designed" title to the mix, which will feature an overall narrative influenced in part by the character-driven nature of the Mass Effect series.
"The non-explicit sex scenes in Mass Effect are much more erotic than current available explicit adult video games," he explained to Road to VR. "This is because you care about the characters in Mass Effect. A player will never feel very attracted to a virtual character if he or she doesn't care."
The title will be delivered episodically, and while the initial installments will be offered from a male point of view, later installments will feature a female protagonist as well as LGBT themes.
Wicked Paradise is slated to release alongside the Oculus Rift's consumer model in 2014.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes