Erotic game Sinful Robot was announced as an upcoming title for Oculus Rift last year; however, after investment for the title disappeared, developer Jeroen Van den Bosch is announcing its release under the name Wicked Paradise.
Bosch is hoping to fill a niche within erotic games by introducing a "well designed" title to the mix, which will feature an overall narrative influenced in part by the character-driven nature of the Mass Effect series.
"The non-explicit sex scenes in Mass Effect are much more erotic than current available explicit adult video games," he explained to Road to VR. "This is because you care about the characters in Mass Effect. A player will never feel very attracted to a virtual character if he or she doesn't care."
The title will be delivered episodically, and while the initial installments will be offered from a male point of view, later installments will feature a female protagonist as well as LGBT themes.
Wicked Paradise is slated to release alongside the Oculus Rift's consumer model in 2014.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules