Volition Inc.'s Saints Row: The Third was originally released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC in November 2011 by now-defunct publisher THQ, and was one of the most well-regarded games of that year. The PlayStation Portable title Gods Eater Burst, developed by Shift and Namco Bandai, was published in North America by D3Publisher in March 2011; it is playable on PlayStation Vita.
Saints Row: The Third's regular price on PlayStation Network is $39.99, while Gods Eater Burst costs $19.99. Sony previously announced that Saints Row: The Third would be added to the Instant Game Collection this month. Other games currently available free in the Instant Game Collection include XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
Sony Computer Entertainment America CEO Jack Tretton said during Sony's E3 press briefing last week that all existing PlayStation Plus memberships will transfer over to PlayStation 4, and that the upcoming console will require users to have a Plus subscription in order to play non-free-to-play games online.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death