Shadowrun Returns, the Kickstarted revival of the role-playing series, will be released on Windows PC, Mac, iOS and Android July 25, developer Harebrained Schemes announced today.
The studio said in April that it planned to launch the game in June. It will ship a Linux version at some point after the aforementioned date.
Harebrained will release a full suite of level editing tools along with the game, allowing players to completely remake the existing game or use it as a jumping-off point for their own creations.
"Players can start from what we have created and build on it, revise it or use it as a starting point for completely new stories," said Jordan Weisman, creator of Shadowrun and the founder of Harebrained Schemes, in a press release today. "I believe we are the first to release an editable version of an entire campaign, and we are excited to see where the players take this universe."
Harebrained raised nearly $1.84 million on Kickstarter for Shadowrun Returns in April 2012 — 459 percent of its $400,000 goal — from more than 36,000 backers.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Explore Unreal Tournament in these 5 gameplay videos
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business