Hammerpoint Interactive's zombie survival MMO, The War Z, has been renamed Infestation: Survivor Stories, the developer announced via press release.
Current players won't have to worry about an interruption of service or major change to the game itself. According to Hammerpoint, the name swap is part of an effort to "help fans differentiate the popular game from similarly titles brands," after discovering it was close to to another property. In January of this year, DayZ creator Dean Hall expressed anger at the similarity of the two game names.
The War Z launched in 2012 to some controversy. Customers complained that the game's marketing and description were misleading, pointing to discrepancies in map size and server capacity. The game was pulled from Steam after Valve claimed it was issued "prematurely," but returned several months later.
Infestation: Survivor Stories is available for Windows PC.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!