A new demo for Wasteland 2, inXile Entertainment's post-apocalyptic role-playing game, offers viewers a look at the game's inventory system.
Wasteland 2 is a sequel to tactical role-playing game Wasteland, also known as the spiritual predecessor to the Fallout series. The game was Kickstarter-funded in April 2012 after 35 days of campaigning. According to development director Chris Keenan, who narrates the video, the first goal of the system was functionality.
Keenan discusses the team's ponderings of either a list or grid-based inventory system and how players will be able to view their items. Wasteland 2's inventory system will also feature pictures that show off all weapons and in-game items. You can check out the system's basic functions in the video above.
Wasteland 2 is expected to launch this fall. Check out our story on how Wasteland 2's success inspired inXile to build Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends