EToo, an "alternative E3 gaming event" taking place in London, will feature more than 30 game developers, according to a recent press release.
The current roster includes Joe Danger developer Hello Games, Sir, You Are Being Hunted's Big Robot, Capcom, New Star Games and more. Demos of titles such as The Last of Us, Lost Planet 3 and Rain will be playable at the event. EToo will also feature nightly livestreams including interviews, trailers and more.
Sony is listed as the headline sponsor for the event, along with GameStick, PlayJam's upcoming Android console. The event is co-organized by The Guardian's games commissioning editor Keith Stuart, who said EToo started with "sulking on Twitter abut not being able to go to E3."
"Game developer Georg Backer replied and said we should do our own event," Stuart said. "It probably should have ended there, but somehow it didn't. The next thing is, Jimmy Dance, the owner of Loading Bar in Soho, was offering to host it. It was sort of like one of those Hollywood musicals — ‘hey, let's put a show on right here.' But with less dancing."
EToo will coincide with E3 2013, taking place June 10 to June 13. The event is free for all to attend with pre-registration and will take place at the Loading Bar in Soho.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- The best song in a video game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition