Microsoft has allegedly registered several "Halo Spartan Assault" domains for an unknown project, Fusible reports.
The company has reportedly registered the domains by way of DNStination Inc., a privacy service for MarkMonitor, of which Microsoft is a client. Claimed domains include SpartanAssault.net, HaloSpartanAssault.com, Halo-SpartanAssault.com, Halo-SpartanAssault.net and HaloSpartanAssault.net. MarkMonitor has previously reserved Halo-related domains for Halo 7, Halo 8 and Halo 9.
It's still unclear what Halo Spartan Assault refers to. We have contacted Microsoft for comment and will update accordingly.
Microsoft recently confirmed an upcoming Halo project called "Bootcamp." In a statement sent to Polygon, Microsoft called it "a project we're very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future." During the Xbox One reveal, Microsoft announced that it would create a live action TV series based on the Halo series as well.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?