Microsoft has allegedly registered several "Halo Spartan Assault" domains for an unknown project, Fusible reports.
The company has reportedly registered the domains by way of DNStination Inc., a privacy service for MarkMonitor, of which Microsoft is a client. Claimed domains include SpartanAssault.net, HaloSpartanAssault.com, Halo-SpartanAssault.com, Halo-SpartanAssault.net and HaloSpartanAssault.net. MarkMonitor has previously reserved Halo-related domains for Halo 7, Halo 8 and Halo 9.
It's still unclear what Halo Spartan Assault refers to. We have contacted Microsoft for comment and will update accordingly.
Microsoft recently confirmed an upcoming Halo project called "Bootcamp." In a statement sent to Polygon, Microsoft called it "a project we're very enthusiastic about and will have more to say about in the near future." During the Xbox One reveal, Microsoft announced that it would create a live action TV series based on the Halo series as well.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order