Skylanders fans can head to GameStop this weekend for the Ultimate Skylanders Festival, a special event set for June 22 that will offer discounts on existing games and figures as well as giveaways.
All U.S. GameStop locations will partake in the festival from the minute they open until 2 p.m. local time. The following two stores will host Activision employees and a live demo of this year's Skylanders game, Skylanders Swap Force:
- Store 1044: NYC - Broadway & 85th - 2322 Broadway, New York, NY
- Store 6528: Dallas-Fort Worth - Shops of Southlake - 1251 E Southlake Blvd., SPC 351, Southlake, TX
The first 25 customers will each receive a free Skylanders poster, and each purchase of a Skylanders Giants toy will come with a free Skylanders Sidekick. In addition, each location will have a "limited supply" of two popular figures for sale: Scarlet Ninjini (pictured above, not available in all stores) and the GameStop-exclusive Polar Whirlwind.
During the festival, all Skylanders Giants Starter Packs will be available for $39.99 instead of $69.99. And the Skylanders Giants Battle Pack, which usually sells for $24.99, will be on sale for $9.99.
Skylanders Giants originally launched last October. Skylanders Swap Force is set for release this fall on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, Wii and Nintendo 3DS.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
- How to destroy your enemies as the Monster in Evolve
- Visit Africa's first refugee-owned arcade with NPR