Microsoft's promotion of two free Xbox 360 games per month on Xbox Live will put up each game for a half-month period starting on the 1st and the 16th of the month, the company revealed recently on the Xbox website.
Under the "Games with Gold" deal, which Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi announced during the company's E3 2013 press briefing, Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be able to download two free games each month from July through the end of 2013. The program kicked off June 10 with Fable 3, and Mehdi said July's two games will be Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3.
Only one free game will be available at a time: The first will be up for free from the beginning of the month through the 15th, and the second will be up from the 16th through the end of the month.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Final Fantasy designer's version of Batman may have inspired Kingdom Hearts
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Really Horrible
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders