Microsoft's promotion of two free Xbox 360 games per month on Xbox Live will put up each game for a half-month period starting on the 1st and the 16th of the month, the company revealed recently on the Xbox website.
Under the "Games with Gold" deal, which Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi announced during the company's E3 2013 press briefing, Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be able to download two free games each month from July through the end of 2013. The program kicked off June 10 with Fable 3, and Mehdi said July's two games will be Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3.
Only one free game will be available at a time: The first will be up for free from the beginning of the month through the 15th, and the second will be up from the 16th through the end of the month.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28