Late Night talk show host Jimmy Fallon recently put out a call to viewers to send in videos of themselves playing video games with their moms, and the result is three and a half minutes of hilarity.
The clips include mothers experiencing console gaming for the first time ("[The controller] just jiggled in my hand") and revealing some of their thought processes when choosing Street Fighter characters ("You like Vega? Why do you like Vega?" "Because he reminds me of the Phantom of the Opera").
It's hard to watch mothers say "I'm a natural-born killer, Drew!" without smiling.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake