Agatsuma Entertainment's Code of Princess, an action role-playing game for the 3DS, performed surprisingly well in the U.S., leading to talks of a potential sequel, according to producer Yasuo Nakajima.
Speaking in an interview with Siliconera, Nakajima said that while the game's sales in Japan were "so-so," in the U.S. "Code of Princess sold beyond our expectations."
"[Designer Kinu Nishimura] already had ideas about Code of Princess 2 in mind already," he said. "If Code of Princess 2 goes into development, maybe it will be for consoles like PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. I want to develop it as a sequel to Code of Princess for core gamers, like fans that are anticipating Dragon's Crown now."
The sequel has not been confirmed and Nakajima told Siliconera that the game is currently not in development. If it were, he said that the studio would need a bigger development team.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)