"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness," she wrote when asked by Reddit user MozeoSLT if she was aware of how much she looks like protagonist Ellie from The Last of Us. "But I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."
The Sony-published The Last of Us, which launched last week for PlayStation 3, features teen-aged Ellie who is on an arduous journey across post-apocalyptic America, accompanied by playable character Joel. Ellie was motioned captured and voice acted by actress Ashley Johnson (The Avengers, Much Ado About Nothing.)
Page motioned captured and voice acted for Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls, where she plays Jodie Holmes, a young troubled woman. The game's story centres on Holmes and her journey from a child to a young woman and her relationship with her spirit-like supernatural companion, Aiden. Published by Sony, Beyond: Two Souls is slated to launch in the U.S. on Oct. 8 and Europe on Oct. 11 for PlayStation 3.
Shortly after Page's AMA comment, Naughty Dog's creative director Neil Druckmann tweeted a response backing Johnson's performance.
Ellie from The Last of Us was perfectly played by @TheVulcanSalute. No one could've done a better job. Please go follow her and retweet.— Neil Druckmann (@Neil_Druckmann) June 23, 2013
We have reached out to Naughty Dog about Page's comments. For about The Last of Us and Ellie, be sure to read our recent review.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming