Baldur's Gate 3 is still a possibility despite legal and contractual issues facing developer Beamdog, studio head Trent Oster told Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
The developer recently revealed both Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition and patch updates for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition have been put on indefinite hold following legal problems that reared their head; however, the third entry in the series isn't off the cards just yet even while Oster describes the team as "demoralized."
"The prognosis [for resuming work on Baldur's Gate] is mixed," he said. "Best case, we can sort this out soon. Worst case, this could be in legal hell for a while. I like making games, but this contractual dispute bullshit keeps me up at night.
"Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition is on indefinite hold, as is the current patch. Baldur's Gate 3, we are still interested in the concept, but currently I'd say were very demoralized."
Beamdog has not revealed which "publishing partner" is behind its legal woes. Last week, Oster took to the official Baldur's Gate website to announce Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition was being removed from the App Store.
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- The Titanfall for Vita that wasn't and the decision that changed its name
- PS3 bundled with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for $269 at Walmart
- Meet the gay soldier you didn't know was in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward