Ridiculous Fishing will be expanded with a "huge" update that will "double the amount of content" in the game by the end of the year, said Rami Ismail of developer Vlambeer in an interview with Digital Spy.
"The plan we have now, if we pull it off the way we want to, we're going to double the content and add a completely new narrative arc, and explore that world a bit further," said Ismail, Vlambeer's head of business development, at the Rezzed conference in Birmingham, U.K., this past weekend. "As well as double the amount of content in Ridiculous Fishing, we want to do it with the same level of quality and care as with the original game."
Shortly after the release of Ridiculous Fishing in March, Vlambeer said in a Reddit AMA that it was "definitely thinking about" developing downloadable content for the game, but added that "it might be a while before we make it as good as we want it to be."
That content is coming later this year, but Vlambeer recently submitted Ridiculous Fishing's first title update to Apple for certification. The minor update includes new fish that are hidden using Game Center, as well as new items and other miscellaneous tweaks. The patch is scheduled to be available in July.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- We knew Dark Souls 2 was missing something (it's Rocky)
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer