Microsoft's next generation console, the Xbox One, will be on show at PAX Australia for the first time in the country in a series of presentations about the console and Microsoft's future of gaming, the event's organizers announced today.
Three presentations, hosted by Microsoft, will be held in the Main Theatre and seats will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. Presentation times are as follows:
- Friday, July 19 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Microsoft told Polygon that the Xbox One will limited to the three presentations, there will not be an Xbox One booth or any hands-on time with the console. We also asked organizers if Sony is expected to do similar presentations with the PlayStation 4 and were told by a spokesperson that "all we've announced thus far is the Xbox One presentations."
PAX Australia will take place at the Melbourne Showgrounds from July 19 to July 21. The event was announced last August and tickets completely sold out in March. Amongst a bevy of panels and booths, PAX will feature an inaugural PAX Aus Indie Showcase where six independent games will take center stage at the expo's Indie Pavilion.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- How Call of Duty: Ghosts' new Chaos Mode perks will level the playing field
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant