Microsoft's next generation console, the Xbox One, will be on show at PAX Australia for the first time in the country in a series of presentations about the console and Microsoft's future of gaming, the event's organizers announced today.
Three presentations, hosted by Microsoft, will be held in the Main Theatre and seats will be allocated on a first come first serve basis. Presentation times are as follows:
- Friday, July 19 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 21 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Microsoft told Polygon that the Xbox One will limited to the three presentations, there will not be an Xbox One booth or any hands-on time with the console. We also asked organizers if Sony is expected to do similar presentations with the PlayStation 4 and were told by a spokesperson that "all we've announced thus far is the Xbox One presentations."
PAX Australia will take place at the Melbourne Showgrounds from July 19 to July 21. The event was announced last August and tickets completely sold out in March. Amongst a bevy of panels and booths, PAX will feature an inaugural PAX Aus Indie Showcase where six independent games will take center stage at the expo's Indie Pavilion.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)