Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded is set to launch at midnight tonight PT for PC and Mac with iOS and Android versions arriving in July.
The Kickstarted return of the 1980s point-and-click adventure is the work of Replay Games, headed up by the original game's designer Al Lowe. It stars hapless Lothario, Larry Laffer, as he cruises the hotspots of a town called Lost Wages, failing to make a connection with potential lovers.
Scored by Austin Wintory and co-designed by former Sierra Online man Josh Mandel, it's a hi-res remake of the 1987 original Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, which spawned a long-running series of sleazy super-soft adult adventures, crammed with puns, knowing winks and double-entendres.
The remake was partly aided by a Kickstarter launched last May which raised more than $650,000 from 14,000 backers. Replay is claiming that this is the "first major game to be released funded by Kickstarter." It had been due to launch in May, but was delayed for bug fixing and polishing.
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded is priced at $19.99 from Replay Games. Steam is due to make the game available tomorrow.
Update: Since this article first published Replay Games has told Polygon that iOS and Android versions won't be arriving "until early July." Text has been amended to reflect this.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'