Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have been approached to write a film based on Naughty Dog's Uncharted series, the pair explained in a recent IGN video interview.
The co-directors and co-writers of This Is the End told IGN that they'd been approached multiple times by Naughty Dog over the last few years to write the movie, but that they've turned down the offer because the movie "is just gonna be Indiana Jones," Goldberg said.
"They've been asking us to write it for years," Rogen said.
A silver screen adaptation of Naughty Dog's action game franchise has been in the works for several years, though progress has been slow. David O'Russell (The Fighter, Three Kings) was set to direct the film and was later replaced by Neil Burger (The Illusionist), who left the project last year.
We've reached out to Naughty Dog for confirmation and will update this story with more information as we receive it.
- XBOne Classifieds
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite