Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have been approached to write a film based on Naughty Dog's Uncharted series, the pair explained in a recent IGN video interview.
The co-directors and co-writers of This Is the End told IGN that they'd been approached multiple times by Naughty Dog over the last few years to write the movie, but that they've turned down the offer because the movie "is just gonna be Indiana Jones," Goldberg said.
"They've been asking us to write it for years," Rogen said.
A silver screen adaptation of Naughty Dog's action game franchise has been in the works for several years, though progress has been slow. David O'Russell (The Fighter, Three Kings) was set to direct the film and was later replaced by Neil Burger (The Illusionist), who left the project last year.
We've reached out to Naughty Dog for confirmation and will update this story with more information as we receive it.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Two Ubisoft developers watched a goat sacrifice while researching Far Cry 4
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes