Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg have been approached to write a film based on Naughty Dog's Uncharted series, the pair explained in a recent IGN video interview.
The co-directors and co-writers of This Is the End told IGN that they'd been approached multiple times by Naughty Dog over the last few years to write the movie, but that they've turned down the offer because the movie "is just gonna be Indiana Jones," Goldberg said.
"They've been asking us to write it for years," Rogen said.
A silver screen adaptation of Naughty Dog's action game franchise has been in the works for several years, though progress has been slow. David O'Russell (The Fighter, Three Kings) was set to direct the film and was later replaced by Neil Burger (The Illusionist), who left the project last year.
We've reached out to Naughty Dog for confirmation and will update this story with more information as we receive it.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?