Three Sega Game Gear titles — Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Crystal Warriors — are now available to download from the North American Nintendo 3DS eShop, according to a post on the official Sega blog.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 first saw a release on the Sega Game Gear handheld and Master System console in 1992, and was set loose on the Nintendo 3DS eShop in Japan last October. Sonic Labyrinth, the puzzle-platformer, originally launched on the Game Gear in 1995 and was released on the Japan Nintendo 3DS eShop last May.
The new port of Crystal Warriors includes local multiplayer for the Nintendo 3DS, where both players require a copy of the game. The turn-based fantasy strategy game featuring the adventures of Princess Iris of Ariel, had its initial release on the Game Gear in Japan in 1991 and in North America in 1992.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey