Can a $99 console compete with the big boys?
The Ouya is finally upon us. Since its wildly successful Kickstarter campaign, the Android-powered console has had plenty of buzz and cautious optimism around it. But can it possibly stand up against the likes of Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo? Russ Frushtick and Chris Plante attempted to find that out in the first ever console-centric episode of Today I Played, covering setup, software and the glories of TowerFall.
Update: Some folks have been asking about setup time. It seems this varies greatly from person to person. If everything works as it should, the setup process should take about 15 minutes. That said, we've run into a number of issues that slow down the process considerably. These include controller connection issues, Wi-Fi connection issues and account registration issues, just to name a few.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story