Can a $99 console compete with the big boys?
The Ouya is finally upon us. Since its wildly successful Kickstarter campaign, the Android-powered console has had plenty of buzz and cautious optimism around it. But can it possibly stand up against the likes of Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo? Russ Frushtick and Chris Plante attempted to find that out in the first ever console-centric episode of Today I Played, covering setup, software and the glories of TowerFall.
Update: Some folks have been asking about setup time. It seems this varies greatly from person to person. If everything works as it should, the setup process should take about 15 minutes. That said, we've run into a number of issues that slow down the process considerably. These include controller connection issues, Wi-Fi connection issues and account registration issues, just to name a few.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)