Ubisoft's senior community developer for The Division has dropped some new information about the MMO's multiplayer and PvP experience.
"Player vs. Player combat will play a very big role in our game," wrote Antoine Emond on Ubisoft's blog. "The choices you make as a Division agent can either spur a recovery or plunge the city further into chaos. The people you meet in certain areas of the game can either be your best friends or your worst enemies. So you'll constantly be making decisions that will impact the world around you."
The Division is a Tom Clancy-branded open world multiplayer RPG, set in New York, in which a viral outbreak has brought civilization to the brink of collapse. The game, developed by Ubisoft Massive, was warmly received when first revealed at E3 earlier this month.
"Exploration, objectives and player progression are all essential," added Emond. "You can team up with a group of friends in co-op and jump in and jump out at any time. In certain areas, you can also seamlessly engage in PvP and experience suspenseful scenarios where danger can come from anywhere and anyone."
The game is set to be launched for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, although no release date has been confirmed.
Fans on Ubisoft's blog asked Emond about clan support. "Right now we have no plans to cap the number of players who can be affiliated to any particular clan," he replied. "We are also looking to have a very extensive web-based clan support system for all players in The Division. But we should have more to come around all this soon."
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming