More than 180 companies will exhibit at this year's Tokyo Game Show, according to a release from the show's organizers. Returning to the annual video game expo will be Microsoft, which skipped last year's TGS.
Microsoft Japan will join Sony Computer Entertainment as two of the major console manufacturers at Tokyo Game Show. Also exhibiting will be third-party publishers Capcom, Electronic Arts, Sega, Square Enix, Tecmo Koei, Namco Bandai and others, like social game maker GREE.
Some companies, like Konami and Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven developer Level-5, are listed as exhibiting in the kids area or business area only, hinting at a smaller presence for this year's show.
Tokyo Game Show 2013 will expand with new areas focused on indie games, cloud gaming, live music and cosplay.
In 2012, Microsoft said it was passing on Gamescom in Cologne, Germany and Tokyo Game Show to focus on "smaller, more localized promotions and experiences for press, partners, retailers and customers around the world." An Xbox rep confirmed to Polygon that Microsoft would have a presence at TGS 2013, but did not provide specifics about the scope of its plans.
TGS 2013 is scheduled to take place at the Makuhari Messe from Sept. 19 to 22.
In This StoryStream
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?