More than 180 companies will exhibit at this year's Tokyo Game Show, according to a release from the show's organizers. Returning to the annual video game expo will be Microsoft, which skipped last year's TGS.
Microsoft Japan will join Sony Computer Entertainment as two of the major console manufacturers at Tokyo Game Show. Also exhibiting will be third-party publishers Capcom, Electronic Arts, Sega, Square Enix, Tecmo Koei, Namco Bandai and others, like social game maker GREE.
Some companies, like Konami and Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven developer Level-5, are listed as exhibiting in the kids area or business area only, hinting at a smaller presence for this year's show.
Tokyo Game Show 2013 will expand with new areas focused on indie games, cloud gaming, live music and cosplay.
In 2012, Microsoft said it was passing on Gamescom in Cologne, Germany and Tokyo Game Show to focus on "smaller, more localized promotions and experiences for press, partners, retailers and customers around the world." An Xbox rep confirmed to Polygon that Microsoft would have a presence at TGS 2013, but did not provide specifics about the scope of its plans.
TGS 2013 is scheduled to take place at the Makuhari Messe from Sept. 19 to 22.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?