Guerilla Games' upcoming first-person shooter, Killzone: Shadow Fall, will include options to customize the game's control layout, game director Steven ter Heide said during a fan Q&A.
According to ter Heide, the game's default settings will cover the important gameplay mechanics present in Shadow Fall, but players will be able to make changes that are best for them.
"It always takes experimentation and lots of testing to get this right, and we realize that even then it's probably not the best layout for everyone," ter Heide wrote. "So we will provide options to change the layout. The new controller feels different in a couple of important areas, and we are taking advantage of the new features and feel. But if, for example, you don't like to fire using the new outward curved triggers, you can change that."
Ter Heide also provided input on the game's setting. Shadow Fall will take place in the divided world of Vekta. Tensions between the game's two factions, the Helghast and the Vektans run high, even with a wall to separate them. Ter Heide said that players will cross the wall and learn first-hand about the Helghast society.
"We've put a lot of effort into creating this world — we've looked at the people, the infrastructure, the brands, the culture and news reporting that form part of a living and breathing futuristic world," ter Heide wrote. "...The new, more thoughtful gameplay style will afford you more opportunities to take in the rich history and backstory of its people."
Check out the full Q&A on the Killzone blog.
Earlier this week, Guerilla Games unveiled a touch-controlled personal attack drone called the Owl that players can use to attack groups of enemies or single units. Killzone: Shadow Fall was announced in February as a PlayStation 4 exclusive. The game will feature a new hero and takes place 30 years after Killzone 3.
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- If you're still having trouble with Xbox Live, you're not alone
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?