Guerilla Games' upcoming first-person shooter, Killzone: Shadow Fall, will include options to customize the game's control layout, game director Steven ter Heide said during a fan Q&A.
According to ter Heide, the game's default settings will cover the important gameplay mechanics present in Shadow Fall, but players will be able to make changes that are best for them.
"It always takes experimentation and lots of testing to get this right, and we realize that even then it's probably not the best layout for everyone," ter Heide wrote. "So we will provide options to change the layout. The new controller feels different in a couple of important areas, and we are taking advantage of the new features and feel. But if, for example, you don't like to fire using the new outward curved triggers, you can change that."
Ter Heide also provided input on the game's setting. Shadow Fall will take place in the divided world of Vekta. Tensions between the game's two factions, the Helghast and the Vektans run high, even with a wall to separate them. Ter Heide said that players will cross the wall and learn first-hand about the Helghast society.
"We've put a lot of effort into creating this world — we've looked at the people, the infrastructure, the brands, the culture and news reporting that form part of a living and breathing futuristic world," ter Heide wrote. "...The new, more thoughtful gameplay style will afford you more opportunities to take in the rich history and backstory of its people."
Check out the full Q&A on the Killzone blog.
Earlier this week, Guerilla Games unveiled a touch-controlled personal attack drone called the Owl that players can use to attack groups of enemies or single units. Killzone: Shadow Fall was announced in February as a PlayStation 4 exclusive. The game will feature a new hero and takes place 30 years after Killzone 3.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!