Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Nintendo's latest entry in the animal-filled life sim franchise, is currently on sale through Amazon for $26.59.
The sale, which knocks about 24 percent off the game's usual $34.99 price tag, only applies to the physical copy of the game. New Leaf puts players in charge of their own town as mayor. In addition to decorating and customizing their homes, players will make decisions that affect the entire town, including writing new ordinances, building facilities and more.
The game operates on real-world time and has special in-game events and time-specific functions. Players can also connect with friends by entering their towns to trade items, play mini-games and more.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
- Watch 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' a second time in Xbox One's new Syfy app
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward