ArenaNet will give Guild Wars 2 players access to the game's application programming interface, lead content designer Mike Zadorojny told PCGamesN.
Using the game's API, players will be able to create iOS and Android apps, tools and more.
"We have a team working on exposing some of the code to the player base," Zadorojny said. "We have APIs the players can tie into. The fans are already working on a Google Maps for Tyria that lets you zoom in and see what's going on at the individual map level. We've exposed what events are running and where they're running too, so say you're on Metrica Province, you'll be able to determine what events are on right now and where they are at that location.
Zadorojny added that ArenaNet will continue to add new features and expose more code.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'