ArenaNet will give Guild Wars 2 players access to the game's application programming interface, lead content designer Mike Zadorojny told PCGamesN.
Using the game's API, players will be able to create iOS and Android apps, tools and more.
"We have a team working on exposing some of the code to the player base," Zadorojny said. "We have APIs the players can tie into. The fans are already working on a Google Maps for Tyria that lets you zoom in and see what's going on at the individual map level. We've exposed what events are running and where they're running too, so say you're on Metrica Province, you'll be able to determine what events are on right now and where they are at that location.
Zadorojny added that ArenaNet will continue to add new features and expose more code.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- The Nic Cage-led Superman movie was delightfully bizarre, and doomed