As Real As It Gets, a bodysuit designed to allow gamers to feel the rumble of in-game vehicles and bullets, hit Kickstarter with a funding goal of $900,000 to bring the new sense-replicating tech into mass production.
The suit features a microphone and surround speakers, while the developers claim it will work with "any console or peripheral, any genre or game."
Kickstarter funders will need to pledge at least $299 to receive an ARAIG suit of their own if the campaign succeeds. Those who reach the lower funding tiers of the campaign will have the chance to influence the design of the suit and be able to access the ARAIG store two weeks before the general public.
If it meets it funding goal, the first suits are scheduled to ship in December 2014.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant