As Real As It Gets, a bodysuit designed to allow gamers to feel the rumble of in-game vehicles and bullets, hit Kickstarter with a funding goal of $900,000 to bring the new sense-replicating tech into mass production.
The suit features a microphone and surround speakers, while the developers claim it will work with "any console or peripheral, any genre or game."
Kickstarter funders will need to pledge at least $299 to receive an ARAIG suit of their own if the campaign succeeds. Those who reach the lower funding tiers of the campaign will have the chance to influence the design of the suit and be able to access the ARAIG store two weeks before the general public.
If it meets it funding goal, the first suits are scheduled to ship in December 2014.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us