As Real As It Gets, a bodysuit designed to allow gamers to feel the rumble of in-game vehicles and bullets, hit Kickstarter with a funding goal of $900,000 to bring the new sense-replicating tech into mass production.
The suit features a microphone and surround speakers, while the developers claim it will work with "any console or peripheral, any genre or game."
Kickstarter funders will need to pledge at least $299 to receive an ARAIG suit of their own if the campaign succeeds. Those who reach the lower funding tiers of the campaign will have the chance to influence the design of the suit and be able to access the ARAIG store two weeks before the general public.
If it meets it funding goal, the first suits are scheduled to ship in December 2014.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta