As Real As It Gets, a bodysuit designed to allow gamers to feel the rumble of in-game vehicles and bullets, hit Kickstarter with a funding goal of $900,000 to bring the new sense-replicating tech into mass production.
The suit features a microphone and surround speakers, while the developers claim it will work with "any console or peripheral, any genre or game."
Kickstarter funders will need to pledge at least $299 to receive an ARAIG suit of their own if the campaign succeeds. Those who reach the lower funding tiers of the campaign will have the chance to influence the design of the suit and be able to access the ARAIG store two weeks before the general public.
If it meets it funding goal, the first suits are scheduled to ship in December 2014.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Which wiki?
- Getting a PS4