As Real As It Gets, a bodysuit designed to allow gamers to feel the rumble of in-game vehicles and bullets, hit Kickstarter with a funding goal of $900,000 to bring the new sense-replicating tech into mass production.
The suit features a microphone and surround speakers, while the developers claim it will work with "any console or peripheral, any genre or game."
Kickstarter funders will need to pledge at least $299 to receive an ARAIG suit of their own if the campaign succeeds. Those who reach the lower funding tiers of the campaign will have the chance to influence the design of the suit and be able to access the ARAIG store two weeks before the general public.
If it meets it funding goal, the first suits are scheduled to ship in December 2014.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!