Former Human Head Studios narrative designer Jason Blair took to Twitter over the weekend to address rumors that Prey 2's development had been shifted to Dishonored's Arkane Studios, stating the game was stuck in "limbo" for "political" reasons.
Last week, reports circulated that the shooter had been shopped around to different developers before landing with Arkane. The game was leaked in 2011, and in April 2012 publisher Bethesda announced the title would not be released that year. When reached for comment, Bethesda's Pete Hines told Polygon he could not provide an update on the status of Prey 2.
"This Prey 2/Arkane rumour is giving new life to a lot of old lies," Blair tweeted. "[I've been] quiet about this whole business but can't stay so anymore.
"I was narrative designer/writer on Prey 2 for the last six months of its development at Human Head. It was a lot more than a demo," he continued. "Prey 2 was a full game. And a crazy fun one. The team was small but you wouldn't have known it."
What happened to Prey 2, from where I sat, was political. And petty. And potentially litigable. Human Head had a great game.— Jason L Blair (@jasonlblair) June 1, 2013
Polygon has reached out to Arkane Studios for details, and will share information as we receive it.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4