The next add-on character for DC Comics-themed brawler Injustice: Gods Among Us will be Scorpion, a recurring character from the Mortal Kombat series, publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced today.
Scorpion's appearance in NetherRealm Studios' game has been designed by DC Entertainment's Jim Lee and is included as an homage to NetherRealm's work on its Mortal Kombat series.
Scorpion is an undead ninja, a ghost seeking revenge for the death of his family and clan as well as his own murder. This isn't his first time he's appearance alongside Batman and company: in 2008 he was included in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, another fighter featuring characters from both franchises locked in battle. Scorpion will join Batgirl and villainous bounty hunter Lobo on the DLC roster for Injustice.
Scorpion will be available through the Xbox Live Marketplace for $5 (400 Microsoft Points) and via PlayStation Network for $4.99. In early May, NetherRealm stated DLC would be available for the Wii U version of the title beginning this summer.
Check out the video above for a first look at Scorpion in action as well as interviews with designer Lee and NetherRealm creative director Ed Boon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- On Patreon support
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse