Nintendo's Wii U Tour 2013 is bringing the console and several games on a six-city nationwide tour through September, the company announced today.
Visitors will be able to go hands-on with the console and games like Injustice: Gods Among Us, Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, New Super Mario Bros., Nintendo Land, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Rayman Legends Challenges App and Resident Evil: Revelations, though not all games will be available at all locations. The Wii U Tour 2013 will be free and open to the public, and visitors will "play all these Wii U games in a comfortable, living room setting surrounded by backdrops of some of Nintendo's most beloved characters," according to Nintendo.
Tour dates and locations, as listed on the official Wii U Tour 2013 site, are as follows:
- Anaheim, Ca. May 26 through June 23, Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort
- Orlando, Fl. June 5-23, Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort
- Chicago, Ill. June 28 through July 21, Navy Pier 600 East Grand Ave.
- Bloomington, Minn. June 28 through July 21, venue to be determined
- Boston, Mass. Aug. 10 through Sept. 2, venue to be determined
- Hollywood, Calif. Aug. 10 through Sept. 2, Hollywood & Highland Center 6801 Hollywood Blvd.
Nintendo is expected to reveal several new games during its pre-E3 2013 Wii U Software Showcase, including a 3D Mario game from the Super Mario Galaxy team. Hideki Kamiya revealed on Twitter over the weekend that Bayonetta 2 will also make an appearance at the June 11 event, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news. Those eager to test out Nintendo's E3 games will also be able to visit 110 Best Buy locations at specified times this month.
- Towerfall Ascension review: bowstring symphony
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- When a successful game is a failure
- Angry Birds' next game gets a knightly teaser trailer
- Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer teases housing far, far away
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- RI senator denied access to 38 Studios case documents
- Goofball Goals - Overview video