Collectively dubbed Operation Nightmare, update 2.2 is set for release this month; senior producer Bruce Maclean said last month that BioWare was aiming for June 11. The first part of the update consists of the Nightmare Mode operation, "Terror from Beyond," which features five main bosses of the Gree Hypergate. Taking them down will prove a tough task, but the rewards include Kell Dragon gear for use in PvE play and a new mount, the Helix Hyperpod. Part 1 of the update also comes with the ability to craft and trade Level 55 Underworld Gear, as well as additional bonuses to Guild XP and Reputation for recruiting members into your guild.
The second part of the update, version 2.2.2, is called "Legions of Scum and Villainy" and features an endurance test against the Hutt Cartel's "ruthless mercenaries and beasts." Potential rewards for these battles include a Titan 6 Containment Mode vehicle and Kell Dragon gear. Players who have purchased the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion will be able to take advantage of the new level cap of 55.
In addition, BioWare will be running double XP and legacy XP on three weekends in June and July: June 21-24, June 28-July 1 and July 4-July 8.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- The best part about the 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' crossover might be 'Bob's Burgers'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con