Microsoft could be shifting its internal structure soon to place a higher importance on executives such as Don Mattrick and Tony Bates, All Things D reports.
According to the publication's unnamed sources, the restructuring will come directly from the hands of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Details have yet to be solidified, but the change could shift Mattrick, president of interactive entertainment division, and Bates, president of the Skype communications division, into larger roles.
Skype is expected to play a huge part in Microsoft's next-gen console. Xbox One owners will be able to use the system's Kinect to operate Skype for group video calls and more on their TV. They will also be able to multitask with the service and make calls while playing a game.
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- The best song in a video game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)