Microsoft could be shifting its internal structure soon to place a higher importance on executives such as Don Mattrick and Tony Bates, All Things D reports.
According to the publication's unnamed sources, the restructuring will come directly from the hands of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Details have yet to be solidified, but the change could shift Mattrick, president of interactive entertainment division, and Bates, president of the Skype communications division, into larger roles.
Skype is expected to play a huge part in Microsoft's next-gen console. Xbox One owners will be able to use the system's Kinect to operate Skype for group video calls and more on their TV. They will also be able to multitask with the service and make calls while playing a game.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23