Microsoft could be shifting its internal structure soon to place a higher importance on executives such as Don Mattrick and Tony Bates, All Things D reports.
According to the publication's unnamed sources, the restructuring will come directly from the hands of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Details have yet to be solidified, but the change could shift Mattrick, president of interactive entertainment division, and Bates, president of the Skype communications division, into larger roles.
Skype is expected to play a huge part in Microsoft's next-gen console. Xbox One owners will be able to use the system's Kinect to operate Skype for group video calls and more on their TV. They will also be able to multitask with the service and make calls while playing a game.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???