Microsoft could be shifting its internal structure soon to place a higher importance on executives such as Don Mattrick and Tony Bates, All Things D reports.
According to the publication's unnamed sources, the restructuring will come directly from the hands of Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. Details have yet to be solidified, but the change could shift Mattrick, president of interactive entertainment division, and Bates, president of the Skype communications division, into larger roles.
Skype is expected to play a huge part in Microsoft's next-gen console. Xbox One owners will be able to use the system's Kinect to operate Skype for group video calls and more on their TV. They will also be able to multitask with the service and make calls while playing a game.
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League