European developer Mighty Box Games created a game based off of what is (arguably) Joy Division's best song — a free-to-play, browser-based title created in Unity called Will Love Tear Us Apart?
The game was created as part of a project to adapt a song or poem into a game. Each verse of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is translated into a different stage of the game, with special attention paid to the theme of that verse.
According to the game's Facebook page, Will Love Tear Us Apart? is about "the frustration of love that lingers beyond the realization of its unsustainability."
"It encourages players to reflect on the darker side of love: mis-communication, emotional impasse and the sadness of separation," the description reads. "Solace may be found in the brief moment of lightness that comes over us when we come to terms with the reality of an irreconcilable relationship with those we still have feelings for."
You can try Will Love Tear Us Apart? out for yourself over at its website.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- What is BioWare teasing in this surreal new trailer?
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business