Puzzle platformer Limbo for PlayStation Vita is cross-buy compatible with PlayStation 3, developer Playdead announced today in a press release.
Limbo, which launched today for Vita, is downloadable via the PlayStation Network for $14.99. As with all cross-buy titles, players need only purchase Limbo once to obtain a license for both the Vita and PS3 versions, the latter of which launched last year. The title will be available in Europe tomorrow for €12.99 (£9.99).
Limbo was announced for PS Vita during the 2013 Game Developers Conference in March. Playdead co-founder and CEO Dino Patti said the Vita port would not feature touchscreen controls because it would require the studio to "rethink the game."
"We're not using any touch," Patti said. "We didn't feel it would suit Limbo at all. It would feel like a patch if we did it. And we really like the original experience. The Vita allows you to have the original experience."
Players will step into the shoes of a young boy who awakens in a perilous, monochromatic forest with one driving goal: to find his sister. The game features gruesome death sequences and many puzzles that require trial-and-error to solve. The title first launched for Xbox Live Arcade in summer 2010.
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?