Puzzle platformer Limbo for PlayStation Vita is cross-buy compatible with PlayStation 3, developer Playdead announced today in a press release.
Limbo, which launched today for Vita, is downloadable via the PlayStation Network for $14.99. As with all cross-buy titles, players need only purchase Limbo once to obtain a license for both the Vita and PS3 versions, the latter of which launched last year. The title will be available in Europe tomorrow for €12.99 (£9.99).
Limbo was announced for PS Vita during the 2013 Game Developers Conference in March. Playdead co-founder and CEO Dino Patti said the Vita port would not feature touchscreen controls because it would require the studio to "rethink the game."
"We're not using any touch," Patti said. "We didn't feel it would suit Limbo at all. It would feel like a patch if we did it. And we really like the original experience. The Vita allows you to have the original experience."
Players will step into the shoes of a young boy who awakens in a perilous, monochromatic forest with one driving goal: to find his sister. The game features gruesome death sequences and many puzzles that require trial-and-error to solve. The title first launched for Xbox Live Arcade in summer 2010.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Game contoller for PC
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant