Precursor Games will "temporarily" cancel the dual crowdfunding campaigns for Shadow of the Eternals this week, according to Precursor CEO Paul Caporicci.
A post from Caporicci on the Precursor Games forums says that the "temporarily take down the Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaigns on both Kickstarter and our own website on Thursday, June 6."
On the game's Kickstarter blog Caporicci references a "host of a new exciting opportunities that will make the game better than we envisioned" in his post and writes that a campaign will resume in the near future.
"This doesn't mean we are going away — far from it," Caporicci wrote. "We'll be re-launching the Kickstarter in just a few short weeks with a reveal of these exciting new developments.
"As we're closing the current Kickstarter campaign not a single dime from this campaign will be removed from supporters' accounts and everyone from our website's crowdfunding campaign will receive full refunds via PayPal. As we re-tool our campaign and continue development, the forums on our site will remain open and active and any interested fans can still join the ‘Order of the Unseen' to see our progress and join in the fun of creating content for the game themselves."
Precursor launched the Kickstarter campaign for the spiritual successor to Silicon Knights' Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem May 13. As of this writing, the Kickstarter campaign received $127,414 from 2,401 backers with 14 days remaining. The campaign's goal was $1,350,000.
Prior to Kickstarter, Precursor launched its own crowdfunding campaign through its website May 6. The game was planned for Windows PC and Wii U in 2014.
Last week, Precursor COO Shawn Jackson revealed on Reddit that the game was unlikely to be completed if it didn't reach its crowdfunding goals.
"Since we do not have any other source of funding, it is unlikely," Jackson wrote.
Precursor Games is made up of several former employees of Silicon Knights, the developer of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. As Polygon reported shortly after the initial Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaign launched, Precursor purchased office equipment and game assets from Silicon Knights after Silicon Knights laid off most of its employees last summer.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Tabletop Simulator - Overview video
- Unreal Engine 4 updated with PS4, Xbox One, Linux and SteamOS support
- Child of Light's creators discuss the birth of Aurora and her fairytale journey
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Titanfall's Expedition DLC offers a 'parkour playground' with the 'War Games' map
- Soulcalibur: Lost Swords launch delayed for some due to technical issues
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)