Precursor Games will "temporarily" cancel the dual crowdfunding campaigns for Shadow of the Eternals this week, according to Precursor CEO Paul Caporicci.
A post from Caporicci on the Precursor Games forums says that the "temporarily take down the Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaigns on both Kickstarter and our own website on Thursday, June 6."
On the game's Kickstarter blog Caporicci references a "host of a new exciting opportunities that will make the game better than we envisioned" in his post and writes that a campaign will resume in the near future.
"This doesn't mean we are going away — far from it," Caporicci wrote. "We'll be re-launching the Kickstarter in just a few short weeks with a reveal of these exciting new developments.
"As we're closing the current Kickstarter campaign not a single dime from this campaign will be removed from supporters' accounts and everyone from our website's crowdfunding campaign will receive full refunds via PayPal. As we re-tool our campaign and continue development, the forums on our site will remain open and active and any interested fans can still join the ‘Order of the Unseen' to see our progress and join in the fun of creating content for the game themselves."
Precursor launched the Kickstarter campaign for the spiritual successor to Silicon Knights' Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem May 13. As of this writing, the Kickstarter campaign received $127,414 from 2,401 backers with 14 days remaining. The campaign's goal was $1,350,000.
Prior to Kickstarter, Precursor launched its own crowdfunding campaign through its website May 6. The game was planned for Windows PC and Wii U in 2014.
Last week, Precursor COO Shawn Jackson revealed on Reddit that the game was unlikely to be completed if it didn't reach its crowdfunding goals.
"Since we do not have any other source of funding, it is unlikely," Jackson wrote.
Precursor Games is made up of several former employees of Silicon Knights, the developer of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. As Polygon reported shortly after the initial Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaign launched, Precursor purchased office equipment and game assets from Silicon Knights after Silicon Knights laid off most of its employees last summer.
- Game dev harassment remains as bad as it was a year ago
- 1080p will come to Xbox One games, but at a cost
- The police aren't an army: the problem with Battlefield Hardline
- CounterSpy review: arms race
- Wasteland 2 will be officially released Sept. 19
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 listing appears on Xbox.com
- Atari's bringing back Haunted House and Alone in the Dark this fall
- Cold War cover-shooting in CounterSpy
- Welcome to Pokégon: our page dedicated to Pokémon
- It's impossible to visit every planet in No Man's Sky
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us