Precursor Games will "temporarily" cancel the dual crowdfunding campaigns for Shadow of the Eternals this week, according to Precursor CEO Paul Caporicci.
A post from Caporicci on the Precursor Games forums says that the "temporarily take down the Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaigns on both Kickstarter and our own website on Thursday, June 6."
On the game's Kickstarter blog Caporicci references a "host of a new exciting opportunities that will make the game better than we envisioned" in his post and writes that a campaign will resume in the near future.
"This doesn't mean we are going away — far from it," Caporicci wrote. "We'll be re-launching the Kickstarter in just a few short weeks with a reveal of these exciting new developments.
"As we're closing the current Kickstarter campaign not a single dime from this campaign will be removed from supporters' accounts and everyone from our website's crowdfunding campaign will receive full refunds via PayPal. As we re-tool our campaign and continue development, the forums on our site will remain open and active and any interested fans can still join the ‘Order of the Unseen' to see our progress and join in the fun of creating content for the game themselves."
Precursor launched the Kickstarter campaign for the spiritual successor to Silicon Knights' Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem May 13. As of this writing, the Kickstarter campaign received $127,414 from 2,401 backers with 14 days remaining. The campaign's goal was $1,350,000.
Prior to Kickstarter, Precursor launched its own crowdfunding campaign through its website May 6. The game was planned for Windows PC and Wii U in 2014.
Last week, Precursor COO Shawn Jackson revealed on Reddit that the game was unlikely to be completed if it didn't reach its crowdfunding goals.
"Since we do not have any other source of funding, it is unlikely," Jackson wrote.
Precursor Games is made up of several former employees of Silicon Knights, the developer of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. As Polygon reported shortly after the initial Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaign launched, Precursor purchased office equipment and game assets from Silicon Knights after Silicon Knights laid off most of its employees last summer.
- How indie devs are finding success, and publicity, in toys and merch
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians
- Want to know how many times you died in Dark Souls?
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- When a successful game is a failure
- Check out Nintendo's new Kyoto office with an old-school logo
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Namco High studio ShiftyLook is shutting its doors
- Ouya may not be dead, but its long history of stumbles makes success unlikely
- The next game from Crimson Dragon studio is Project Life for Oculus Rift
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- How is Battlefield 4 on PC
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)