Precursor Games will "temporarily" cancel the dual crowdfunding campaigns for Shadow of the Eternals this week, according to Precursor CEO Paul Caporicci.
A post from Caporicci on the Precursor Games forums says that the "temporarily take down the Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaigns on both Kickstarter and our own website on Thursday, June 6."
On the game's Kickstarter blog Caporicci references a "host of a new exciting opportunities that will make the game better than we envisioned" in his post and writes that a campaign will resume in the near future.
"This doesn't mean we are going away — far from it," Caporicci wrote. "We'll be re-launching the Kickstarter in just a few short weeks with a reveal of these exciting new developments.
"As we're closing the current Kickstarter campaign not a single dime from this campaign will be removed from supporters' accounts and everyone from our website's crowdfunding campaign will receive full refunds via PayPal. As we re-tool our campaign and continue development, the forums on our site will remain open and active and any interested fans can still join the ‘Order of the Unseen' to see our progress and join in the fun of creating content for the game themselves."
Precursor launched the Kickstarter campaign for the spiritual successor to Silicon Knights' Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem May 13. As of this writing, the Kickstarter campaign received $127,414 from 2,401 backers with 14 days remaining. The campaign's goal was $1,350,000.
Prior to Kickstarter, Precursor launched its own crowdfunding campaign through its website May 6. The game was planned for Windows PC and Wii U in 2014.
Last week, Precursor COO Shawn Jackson revealed on Reddit that the game was unlikely to be completed if it didn't reach its crowdfunding goals.
"Since we do not have any other source of funding, it is unlikely," Jackson wrote.
Precursor Games is made up of several former employees of Silicon Knights, the developer of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. As Polygon reported shortly after the initial Shadow of the Eternals crowdfunding campaign launched, Precursor purchased office equipment and game assets from Silicon Knights after Silicon Knights laid off most of its employees last summer.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding
- Fan-made Smash Bros. has better characters
- The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 review: existential crisis
- PopCap launching a 'new Peggle game' soon
- Destiny beta returns a day early, now available for Xbox players
- The Crew beta gameplay video - From Detroit to Seattle
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Destiny Beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Xbox One Spare Beta Code
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Xbox One Spare Beta Code