Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition, a Windows PC version of the previously console-exclusive game with extra chapters and HD enhancements, is headed to PC this August, Konami announced today.
The game will be released on Steam August 27 with a retail release to follow on August 30 in Europe. It will include the Reverie and Resurrection levels that came to the console versions as add-on content, as well as native 1080p support tuned to run at 60 frames-per-second. Today's PC announcement confirms a rumor from last month sparked when the game appeared in the Steam database. You can check out a trailer for the new version above and screenshots below.
We've reached out to Konami to see if the release dates will be the same in other regions and will update this story with more information as we have it.
For more on the Lords of Shadow series, you can check out our review of the handheld title Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate and the debut trailer and screenshots and concept art from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)