Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition, a Windows PC version of the previously console-exclusive game with extra chapters and HD enhancements, is headed to PC this August, Konami announced today.
The game will be released on Steam August 27 with a retail release to follow on August 30 in Europe. It will include the Reverie and Resurrection levels that came to the console versions as add-on content, as well as native 1080p support tuned to run at 60 frames-per-second. Today's PC announcement confirms a rumor from last month sparked when the game appeared in the Steam database. You can check out a trailer for the new version above and screenshots below.
We've reached out to Konami to see if the release dates will be the same in other regions and will update this story with more information as we have it.
For more on the Lords of Shadow series, you can check out our review of the handheld title Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate and the debut trailer and screenshots and concept art from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Which wiki?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US