Sega will release three titles for Ouya from its Sonic the Hedgehog series on June 27, Games Industry International reports.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, Sonic the Hedgehog: Episode 2 and Sonic CD will launch under a free-to-try business model, meaning the first levels will be available for free. Full versions of each title will be available for $6.99 — a higher price than Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1's $1.99 App Store or $3.99 Google Play price tags, or Sonic CD's $2.99 mobile cost.
According to Ouya founder and chief executive Julie Uhrman, the discrepancy in price or availability on other platforms makes no difference because "gamers like to play all different types of games."
"They like play games that they have a strong affiliation with on all different types of platforms," Uhrman said. "I'm not surprised that we're seeing titles come to Ouya that are on other platforms. I think gamers will love to play Sonic on the television through Ouya."
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'