Sega will release three titles for Ouya from its Sonic the Hedgehog series on June 27, Games Industry International reports.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, Sonic the Hedgehog: Episode 2 and Sonic CD will launch under a free-to-try business model, meaning the first levels will be available for free. Full versions of each title will be available for $6.99 — a higher price than Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1's $1.99 App Store or $3.99 Google Play price tags, or Sonic CD's $2.99 mobile cost.
According to Ouya founder and chief executive Julie Uhrman, the discrepancy in price or availability on other platforms makes no difference because "gamers like to play all different types of games."
"They like play games that they have a strong affiliation with on all different types of platforms," Uhrman said. "I'm not surprised that we're seeing titles come to Ouya that are on other platforms. I think gamers will love to play Sonic on the television through Ouya."
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- The Dreamcast was the beginning, and the end, of the golden age of peripherals
- Project Cars trailer touts photorealism and reveals a November release