Xbox Live users will receive notifications when actions have been taken based on complaints they've registered, a Microsoft spokesman confirmed to Polygon.
Eric "e" Neustadter, who works on Xbox Live at Microsoft, tweeted about the feature earlier today, writing that "Xbox Live is now letting you know after we've taken action on a complaint of yours."
The "Complaint Feedback" procedure began rolling out earlier this year, we were told, and those who registered a complaint on which action has been taken will be notified with a message on their console. They can learn more information by visiting the official Xbox Complaint Feedback website.
The program keeps the complainer's information private, the spokesperson told Polygon, and the Complaint Feedback FAQ explains that this is in part because Microsoft has "concerns about retaliation between users." Further, any complaints rolled out before the program took effect will not receive notification that action was taken.
The full statement from Microsoft appears below:
The team here at Xbox actively listens to feedback from our Xbox Live members and as a result we have implemented a complaint feedback feature for Xbox Live. When a member files a complaint against another player, the complaint feedback feature will notify select complainants that one or more of their complaints have resulted in enforcement action. Members will be notified via in-dash messaging and may view additional information at Xbox.com/live/complaint-feedback.
Bullying and harassment of any kind are not welcome on Xbox Live and is taken very seriously. The Xbox Live community grows daily, and we continue to explore methods and levels of enforcement to enhance the ways our members connect and have fun. Addressing this issue is an ongoing effort for the gaming community, Microsoft and our partners, and complaint feedback is one feature in several near- and long-term product and service enhancements that we have in the works.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Starbound review: space jam
- I created my own MMO and lost 100 pounds, interested in signing up?
- Train Jam 2014 offers up first batch of games
- Fract OSC review: dead or alive
- Riot Games reveals the next League of Legends Champion: Braum
- Destiny website revamp reveals more about enemies, classes, locations
- NES Remix 2 - Overview video
- Picross e4 hits Nintendo 3DS May 1
- How Dragon Age: Inquisition's trailer opens up new story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Project Spark Love
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- After this, GTA V for PC is pretty much confirmed
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)