Game designer Drew Rechner and a small team of developers released a fan-made mod that recreates 1998 role-playing game Baldur's Gate in 3D.
According to the game's Facebook page, Reloaded has been in development since November 2006. The mod is available through Nexus Mods, but first requires a copy of Neverwinter Nights 2 and expansions Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir.
The mod is available as a free download and is not affiliated with BioWare. Check out the launch trailer above to see Baldur's Gate in all its 3D glory. Instructions on how to install the mod, as well as where to find the original game and its expansions, are available through Nexus.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends