A New Zealand man said to be "sick of playing Xbox" while on home detention was granted his wish to serve the remainder of his sentence in jail, the New Zealand Herald reports.
According to senior constable Paul Nicholas, the 19-year-old rang the police asking to serve the remaining month of his term behind bars. Nicholas states the man already served 10 months of his 11-month home detention but "had run out of Xbox games to play."
The New Zealand man told police he would breach his home detention term if he was not taken to jail. He is currently serving the remainder of his term in Ngawha Prison.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.