A New Zealand man said to be "sick of playing Xbox" while on home detention was granted his wish to serve the remainder of his sentence in jail, the New Zealand Herald reports.
According to senior constable Paul Nicholas, the 19-year-old rang the police asking to serve the remaining month of his term behind bars. Nicholas states the man already served 10 months of his 11-month home detention but "had run out of Xbox games to play."
The New Zealand man told police he would breach his home detention term if he was not taken to jail. He is currently serving the remainder of his term in Ngawha Prison.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction