The Nintendo Direct presentation scheduled to air during E3 next week will include the first publicly debuted footage of the next Super Smash Bros. game, designer Masahiro Sakurai announced today in a tweet.
"I should note: In the Nintendo Direct scheduled for 11 p.m. on June 11, a new video of Smash Bros. will be unveiled for the first time," Sakurai wrote. "[It will be shown] simultaneously worldwide, here for the first time! Don't miss it."
お知らせしておきます。6月11日23時配信のNintendo Directで、新作『スマブラ』の映像が初披露となります。世界同時、ここが初！ お見逃しなく。— 桜井 政博 (@Sora_Sakurai) June 6, 2013
Last month Nintendo announced it would hold a Nintendo Direct presentation prior to the opening of the E3 showcase, which would incude information on the next Super Smash Bros. game. The presentation will begin at 10 a.m. ET on June 11.
At E3 2012, Nintendo announced the next Super Smash Bros. title was in development with Namco Bandai Games and would be led by Sakurai, former lead of Kid Icarus: Uprising developer Project Sora.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming