The Nintendo Direct presentation scheduled to air during E3 next week will include the first publicly debuted footage of the next Super Smash Bros. game, designer Masahiro Sakurai announced today in a tweet.
"I should note: In the Nintendo Direct scheduled for 11 p.m. on June 11, a new video of Smash Bros. will be unveiled for the first time," Sakurai wrote. "[It will be shown] simultaneously worldwide, here for the first time! Don't miss it."
お知らせしておきます。6月11日23時配信のNintendo Directで、新作『スマブラ』の映像が初披露となります。世界同時、ここが初！ お見逃しなく。— 桜井 政博 (@Sora_Sakurai) June 6, 2013
Last month Nintendo announced it would hold a Nintendo Direct presentation prior to the opening of the E3 showcase, which would incude information on the next Super Smash Bros. game. The presentation will begin at 10 a.m. ET on June 11.
At E3 2012, Nintendo announced the next Super Smash Bros. title was in development with Namco Bandai Games and would be led by Sakurai, former lead of Kid Icarus: Uprising developer Project Sora.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)