The Nintendo Direct presentation scheduled to air during E3 next week will include the first publicly debuted footage of the next Super Smash Bros. game, designer Masahiro Sakurai announced today in a tweet.
"I should note: In the Nintendo Direct scheduled for 11 p.m. on June 11, a new video of Smash Bros. will be unveiled for the first time," Sakurai wrote. "[It will be shown] simultaneously worldwide, here for the first time! Don't miss it."
お知らせしておきます。6月11日23時配信のNintendo Directで、新作『スマブラ』の映像が初披露となります。世界同時、ここが初！ お見逃しなく。— 桜井 政博 (@Sora_Sakurai) June 6, 2013
Last month Nintendo announced it would hold a Nintendo Direct presentation prior to the opening of the E3 showcase, which would incude information on the next Super Smash Bros. game. The presentation will begin at 10 a.m. ET on June 11.
At E3 2012, Nintendo announced the next Super Smash Bros. title was in development with Namco Bandai Games and would be led by Sakurai, former lead of Kid Icarus: Uprising developer Project Sora.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy
- When Gameplay coincides with the story