The console port of Blizzard's isometric action-RPG Diablo 3 will launch on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America, Europe and several other territories on Sept. 3, the studio revealed today.
The release date was revealed in a press release which also confirms the title's launch on Xbox 360 — up until now, only a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 version had been revealed. A launch window for the PS4 version was not mentioned in the press release; we have reached out to Blizzard to find out if they have any firm plans on that particular port of the game. We've also inquired about the possibility of an Xbox One port.
The game will launch in "the U.S., Canada, Spanish-speaking Latin America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand" on Sept. 3, while further launch details — like the title's localization in South Korea — will be announced at a later date. Both versions of the title will net pre-orderers the "Infernal Helm" in-game item which boosts player's experience point gains.
Update: A Blizzard representative responded to our questions, stating, "We're excited for console players to get their hands on Diablo 3, but we don't have any further platform announcements to share at this time."
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta