The console port of Blizzard's isometric action-RPG Diablo 3 will launch on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America, Europe and several other territories on Sept. 3, the studio revealed today.
The release date was revealed in a press release which also confirms the title's launch on Xbox 360 — up until now, only a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 version had been revealed. A launch window for the PS4 version was not mentioned in the press release; we have reached out to Blizzard to find out if they have any firm plans on that particular port of the game. We've also inquired about the possibility of an Xbox One port.
The game will launch in "the U.S., Canada, Spanish-speaking Latin America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand" on Sept. 3, while further launch details — like the title's localization in South Korea — will be announced at a later date. Both versions of the title will net pre-orderers the "Infernal Helm" in-game item which boosts player's experience point gains.
Update: A Blizzard representative responded to our questions, stating, "We're excited for console players to get their hands on Diablo 3, but we don't have any further platform announcements to share at this time."
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?