The console port of Blizzard's isometric action-RPG Diablo 3 will launch on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America, Europe and several other territories on Sept. 3, the studio revealed today.
The release date was revealed in a press release which also confirms the title's launch on Xbox 360 — up until now, only a PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 version had been revealed. A launch window for the PS4 version was not mentioned in the press release; we have reached out to Blizzard to find out if they have any firm plans on that particular port of the game. We've also inquired about the possibility of an Xbox One port.
The game will launch in "the U.S., Canada, Spanish-speaking Latin America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand" on Sept. 3, while further launch details — like the title's localization in South Korea — will be announced at a later date. Both versions of the title will net pre-orderers the "Infernal Helm" in-game item which boosts player's experience point gains.
Update: A Blizzard representative responded to our questions, stating, "We're excited for console players to get their hands on Diablo 3, but we don't have any further platform announcements to share at this time."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Hex Heroes and the (possible) problem with Wii U exclusive Kickstarters
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Project Spark Love