Wolfenstein: The New Order's latest trailer features the first-person shooter's first gameplay footage, showcasing B.J. Blazkowicz's quest to rid America of the Nazi menace and its mechs.
The gameplay footage begins later in the trailer, with our first glimpse of the giant mechs and laughing Nazis that Blazkowicz will be battling as he tries to restore order to mid-20th-century America.
At the start, the trailer's narrator growls, "They beat us to the bomb," as a swastika-bearing nuclear weapon drops out of a plane that is not the Enola Gay. The trailer then goes through a series of additional scary what-if-the-Nazis-had-won-the-war images, like Nazi banners draped over the U.S. Capitol building and an astronaut planting a Nazi flag on the moon.
Wolfenstein: The New Order is set for release in the fourth quarter of 2013 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and next-generation consoles. Check out our extensive hands-on preview and interview from last week for more details of this single-player-only title.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28