Wolfenstein: The New Order's latest trailer features the first-person shooter's first gameplay footage, showcasing B.J. Blazkowicz's quest to rid America of the Nazi menace and its mechs.
The gameplay footage begins later in the trailer, with our first glimpse of the giant mechs and laughing Nazis that Blazkowicz will be battling as he tries to restore order to mid-20th-century America.
At the start, the trailer's narrator growls, "They beat us to the bomb," as a swastika-bearing nuclear weapon drops out of a plane that is not the Enola Gay. The trailer then goes through a series of additional scary what-if-the-Nazis-had-won-the-war images, like Nazi banners draped over the U.S. Capitol building and an astronaut planting a Nazi flag on the moon.
Wolfenstein: The New Order is set for release in the fourth quarter of 2013 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and next-generation consoles. Check out our extensive hands-on preview and interview from last week for more details of this single-player-only title.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Any clues to why it is called Second Son?
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?