Wolfenstein: The New Order's latest trailer features the first-person shooter's first gameplay footage, showcasing B.J. Blazkowicz's quest to rid America of the Nazi menace and its mechs.
The gameplay footage begins later in the trailer, with our first glimpse of the giant mechs and laughing Nazis that Blazkowicz will be battling as he tries to restore order to mid-20th-century America.
At the start, the trailer's narrator growls, "They beat us to the bomb," as a swastika-bearing nuclear weapon drops out of a plane that is not the Enola Gay. The trailer then goes through a series of additional scary what-if-the-Nazis-had-won-the-war images, like Nazi banners draped over the U.S. Capitol building and an astronaut planting a Nazi flag on the moon.
Wolfenstein: The New Order is set for release in the fourth quarter of 2013 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and next-generation consoles. Check out our extensive hands-on preview and interview from last week for more details of this single-player-only title.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)