Wolfenstein: The New Order's latest trailer features the first-person shooter's first gameplay footage, showcasing B.J. Blazkowicz's quest to rid America of the Nazi menace and its mechs.
The gameplay footage begins later in the trailer, with our first glimpse of the giant mechs and laughing Nazis that Blazkowicz will be battling as he tries to restore order to mid-20th-century America.
At the start, the trailer's narrator growls, "They beat us to the bomb," as a swastika-bearing nuclear weapon drops out of a plane that is not the Enola Gay. The trailer then goes through a series of additional scary what-if-the-Nazis-had-won-the-war images, like Nazi banners draped over the U.S. Capitol building and an astronaut planting a Nazi flag on the moon.
Wolfenstein: The New Order is set for release in the fourth quarter of 2013 on Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and next-generation consoles. Check out our extensive hands-on preview and interview from last week for more details of this single-player-only title.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- The controller: will it get fixed?
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- Upgrade ps4 to 7200rpm?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?