The first game from Respawn Entertainment is called Titanfall, and will be published for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC, according to the July cover of Game Informer magazine which has been posted to NeoGAF.
NeoGAF user "Cartman86" wrote that the cover was downloaded to his tablet by Google Play, through which he subscribes to Game Informer. According to the poster, Titanfall is multiplayer-focused and makes extensive use of the cloud, and the Xbox 360 version is in development with another studio.
"After a bitter split with Activision and Call of Duty, Respawn debuts its bold vision for next-gen multiplayer," reads the magazine cover, which bears the picture of a woman shooting down at a mech.
According to "Cartman86," the article states the first-person shooter is being built on the Source engine and will launch in spring 2014. Players will become pilots controlling massive mechs called Titans, which can be piloted or programmed to follow along in battle. The game will use Microsoft's cloud services for dedicated servers, physics and AI.
Attempting to purchase the issue through Google Play now returns an error message.
In February, Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella tweeted that the studio would be at E3 2013 and had "no intention of showing up empty handed." In April, Kotaku reported the company's debut title would be an exclusive to Xbox 360 and Microsoft's then-unnamed next generation Xbox. The report called the game Titans. That same month Respawn filed a trademark for Titanfall.
Polygon has reached out to publisher Electronic Arts and will share more details we have them. Check out the full cover below.
Update: An EA representative responded to our inquiries, explaining, "There's a lot more of Titanfall to be revealed. Tune in to the EA E3 press conference on Monday June 10 at 1pm PDT for the details."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Bloodborne comes to PS4 on Feb. 5
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- New Hot Shots Golf coming to PlayStation 4
- Where old school meets new school in Mighty No.9
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Borderlands 2's villain is playable in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round announced for PS4 and Xbox One
- Evolve gears up for another alpha test
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall